Amanda recently completed her Master of Arts in Counselling and Spirituality. Amanda believes that therapy is not only about addressing thoughts, emotions, and behaviours, but also about helping clients connect to something greater than themselves. Amanda works collaboratively with her clients to develop a plan that is tailored to their needs. She draws primarily from cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and incorporates strategies from other modalities such as solution-focused therapy and mindfulness-based therapy. Amanda’s graduate education provides training in spirituality. This training allows Amanda the knowledge to incorporate clients’ spirituality into the therapy process, should a client want to do so. Amanda works under the supervision of a registered clinical psychologist.
- Master of Arts, Counselling and Spirituality at Saint Paul University
- Bachelor of Arts Honours (B.A.) in Psychology, Carleton University (2016)
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
SERVICES OFFERED, ADULTS, 18-65 YRS
- Anxiety Disorders
- Grief & Loss
- Relationship concerns
- Stress management and resilience
- Low self-esteem and self-worth
- Regulating Emotions
- Religious/Spiritual concerns
To contact Amanda directly, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.